The presentations included here represent a series of lectures for students of Dental Medicine in the first year of study. Individual lectures correlate with recent curriculum of the course and have to be used especially as auxiliary education material specifying basic structures of all presented topics.
The first lectures from Anatomy 1 for students of Dental Medicine deal with the systems of the human body from a general point of view and from the point of view of systematic anatomy, in order: bones and joints, muscular, vascular and lymphatic, nervous system of limbs and trunk. The next lectures are devoted to the digestive and respiratory systems, the heart, the urinary and genital systems, including the topography of the chest, abdomen and pelvis. The last lectures deal with the structures of the central nervous system.
Authors present topics from Anatomy 1 for students of Dental Medicine:
1. Introduction to anatomy. Bones and joints in general. Bones and joints of trunk and limbs.
2. Muscles in general. Muscles of trunk and limbs.
3. Vascular and lymphatic systems in general. Vessels and lymphatics of trunk and limbs.
4. Nervous system in general. Nerves of trunk and limbs. Important regions of limbs.
5. Digestive system.
6. Respiratory system.
8. Thorax in general, mediastinum. Abdomen in general, peritoneal relations. Topography of organs in abdominal cavity.
9. Organs of urinary and genital systems. Pelvis in general. Topography of pelvic organs.
10. Division of CNS. Spinal cord. Brain stem. Rhomboid fossa. Nuclei of cranial nerves (CN). Exits CN from brain.
11. Cerebellum. Diencephalon. Basal ganglia. Brain cortex.
12. Limbic and olfactory systems. CN I. Brain ventricles, vessels and coverings of CNS.
13. Nerve pathways.
|Attachment||Date||Size||Availability [?]||Clinically sensitive [?]||Licence|
|Bones and joints||15.9.2022||4.74 MB||faculty member||–|
|Muscles of human body||21.9.2022||7.02 MB||faculty member||–|
|Vessels and lymphatics||6.10.2022||9.37 MB||faculty member||–|
|Nervous system||13.10.2022||8.21 MB||faculty member||–|
|Digestive system||13.10.2022||6.24 MB||faculty member||–|
|Respiratory system||20.10.2022||4.03 MB||faculty member||–|
|Heart||20.10.2022||3.05 MB||faculty member||–|
|Superior and inferior mediastinum (anterior, middle, posterior)||13.11.2022||3.93 MB||faculty member||–|
|Abdomen||13.11.2022||5.71 MB||faculty member||–|
|Pelvis||13.11.2022||4.83 MB||faculty member||–|
|CNS in general, Spinal cord, Brain stem||4.12.2022||4.65 MB||faculty member||–|
|Cerebellum, Diencephalon, Basal ganglia, Brain cortex||8.12.2022||5.17 MB||faculty member||–|
|Limbic and olfactory systems, Brain ventricles, vessels and coverings of CNS||8.12.2022||8.07 MB||faculty member||–|
|Cranial nerves, Nerve pathways||8.12.2022||4.68 MB||faculty member||–|
Contribution content is subject to licence Creative Commons Uveďte autora-Neužívejte dílo komerčně-Nezasahujte do díla Attribution 3.0 Czech Republic
Keywords: anatomy, bones and joints, muscular system, vascular and lymphatic systems, nervous system, upper limb, lower limb, thorax, abdomen, pelvis, heart, respiratory system, digestive system, urinary system, reproductive system, central nervous system
citation: Adriana Boleková, Květuše Lovásová, Dalibor Kolesár, Ingrid Hodorová: Anatomy 1 for students of Dental Medicine. Multimedia support in the education of clinical and health care disciplines :: Portal of Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice Faculty of Medicine [online] , [cit. 30. 11. 2023]. Available from WWW: https://portal.lf.upjs.sk/articles.php?aid=242. ISSN 1337-7000.