About Educational Portal
|Department of Medical Informatics
Faculty of Medicine
Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice
Trieda SNP 1
040 11 Košice, Slovakia
doc. Ing. Jaroslav Majerník, PhD.
Ing. Stanislav Balčák, PhD.
Multimedia support in the education of clinical and health care disciplines :: Portal of Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice Faculty of Medicine
Educational portal UPJŠ LF
The educational portal of Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice Faculty of Medicine (portal UPJŠ LF) was created within the frame of project MEFANET (MEdical FAculties Educational NETwork). MEFANET is aimed on development of cooperation between Medical Faculties in Czech and Slovak Republic using modern Information and Communication Technologies in educational processes. Portal UPJŠ LF allows presenting a wide range of didactical tools that are created at the Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice Faculty of Medicine to support education. Here published materials can be prepared at different range, starting with simple presentations and ending with sophisticated pedagogical works. Authors of published materials can also specify the users that can access the published materials. Typical users are:
- non-registered anonymous user,
- registered anonymous user, who is the user of educational network MEFANET,
- registered user, who is a verified UPJŠ user - i.e., is not anonymous,
- registered user, who is a verified UPJŠ LF user - i.e., is not anonymous; moreover, he/she is student or teacher of a study program accredited at UPJŠ LF.
Who is the portal designed for?
The target groups of this portal involve:
- academic staff members, who use the portal UPJŠ LF to publish their educational works,
- authors of multimedia teaching tools, who use the portal to communicate with users of these tools,
- people involved in the lifelong learning of physicians and health care professionals,
- students of medicine, as well as of other disciplines.